Sep 16, 2013

Book Review ~ Origin by Jennifer Armentrout





This book review is done by FLAMINGO at The Sarcastic Palmtree



Book Summary from Amazon:


Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive. 

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.  But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?  

This is the 4th book (there will be 5) in the Lux Series.  I have really enjoyed this series.  It was brought to my attention by one of my best friends a few months ago and I'm really happy she told me about it.

This installment of the series picks up right after the 3rd book.  No lapse in between the books as far as story goes.  Daemon is again his irresistible, cocky, hotter than hades self that loves Katy so much he would do anything for her.  And he pretty much does.


This book brought back some old favorite characters and also added some new ones. I really liked the new character Archer.  Even though we aren't sure what side he's on, I couldn't help but think of Agent Pierce from the TV show 24 when it came to his loyal, caring way.

I loved that this book was written from alternating points of view between Katy and Daemon.  I always prefer books that are written this way.  I love to know what both characters are thinking and sometimes it can be frustrating almost when I don't get both sides of the story.  It is hard to elaborate too much on what I liked and disliked specifically without giving away what happens.  I will just say that if you liked the first 3 books you will enjoy the continuation of this series!

There was some good steamy stuff between Katy and Daemon this time as well, although I feel like there may have been a bit too much for a YA novel.  That is just my personal opinion, but it would keep me from recommending it to anyone under 18.

There was yet another cliff hanger waiting at the end of this book and I can't wait to see what happens as we finish up this series.  It has been a really fun ride.


 

 Now, for the official, unofficial rating from Flamingo
   at The Sarcastic Palmtree...
                    
 
 I give Origin 7 stuffed alien dolls

Soft Doll Design Alien


And a fire extinguisher.  Because, well Daemon you know.....
(Just look at him on these covers!)


 

 Opposition is due out sometime in 2014



Thanks for stopping by The Sarcastic Palmtree.  Come back soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment